Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cotton-rayon: what have I been missing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

I picked up a cotton-rayon vintage-inspired t-shirt with lock stitch seams in the department store of all places and love the soft, luxurious feel of it. Does anybody have any cotton-rayon items? It's my new favorite cloth.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I have a bone-colored Haspel suit from several springs ago that's made of an ultralight brushed twill of 50/50 cotton and Tencel, a subtype of rayon that dewrinkles easily and has wicking properties. It's given great service in hot weather and I hope to find another one some day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16736

I was shocked to find rayon in a modern, mass market article of clothing. I thought rayon went out of style with poodle skirts and chrome fenders. I hope this is the start of a trend, but I doubt it. Polyester still outnumbers it 1,000,000 to 1. But if you can find it, grab it. I wish the repro makers would start using rayon for their blends.

KyleK

One of the Regulars
I was shocked to find rayon in a modern, mass market article of clothing. I thought rayon went out of style with poodle skirts and chrome fenders. I hope this is the start of a trend, but I doubt it. Polyester still outnumbers it 1,000,000 to 1. But if you can find it, grab it. I wish the repro makers would start using rayon for their blends.

I have four or five shirts from mainstream surf/skate/outdoor brands that are rayon. Bought them all within the last 5-6 years. Great fabric.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Every now and again, Wal-Mart will sell a 100% rayon shirt for their summer lines. I've picked a couple up over the years. I LOVE THEM.

Cotton/Rayon blends are a gift from the gods in the summer. In fact, darn near anything with a rayon blend is wonderful. I have a couple sport coats with a rayon/silk/wool blend and they wear pretty well.

TomS

One Too Many
I'll have to keep an eye out. Never worn the stuff... at least that I know of...

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
While the use of rayon is not all that rare nowadays, the use of 100% rayon is. Most of my modern sport shirts are poly/rayon blends.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I allways found that cotton and rayon t-shirts would develop a weird odor when sweaty and so i try to avoid them.

No kidding? That's strange. What kind of odor? Rayon doesn't typically retain odors, but cotton might. Does the odor leave after washing the garment?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe