Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

COLLAR BARS HAVE BEEN TAKEN.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I'm sorry to hear your collar bars were taken.
Were you wearing them at the time?
Maybe they weren't taken but instead you put them down somewhere and forgot about them.
I'll keep my eyes open for them. :p

<--------
The Wolf

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
It's better not having a picture. That way I tell myself they were the wrong style for me. If a picture is posted and they look fantastic I keep thinking with what I would match them and continue to re-open the wound of not having them.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Johnnysan said:
I can post a photo once I receive them! :D

Thanks, Doran for your generosity!

No problem -- they went out in the mail a couple of days ago. Maybe Friday.

They really aren't all that exciting. Just clip-on collar bars. I switched exclusively to pin-push-through collar bars. They stay better, and the holes close up after one washing.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I read the head and thought collar bars, that is the idea of wearing them at all, had been coopted or appropriated by some unpleasant politician or pop culture personality, in much the same way as you couldn't wear white buck shoes during the 60s or 70s because they "belonged" to Pat Boone and he had become a drip.

Dr Doran

WHITE BUCK SHOES ARE TAKEN

WE CAN NO LONGER WEAR OUR WHITE BUCKS. PAT BOONE APPROPRIATED THEM IN OUR FAVORITE DECADE, THE 1970S. REPEAT:

LOUNGERS, PLEASE WEAR NO MORE WHITE BUCKS WITH YOUR DBs, WATCH CHAINS, AND FEDORAS.

NO MORE WHITE BUCKS. THE SHITE, I MEAN WHITE BUCKS HAVE BEEN TAKEN. APPROPRIATED.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
WHILE WE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION, FEDORAS AND PINSTRIPES BELONG TO COSTUME PARTY GANGSTERS. EVERYBODY GO GET TOY GUNS AND BIG PLASTIC CIGARS. AUDITIONS FOR THE GODFATHER'S PIZZA COMMERCIAL WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY AT 9:30. THAT IS ALL.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
th_Wanda_060427121522970_narrowweb__50x50.jpg
I LIKE SHOUTING! I THINK SHOUTING IS WONDERFUL!

Dr Doran

Wow. We sure squeezed a lot of fun out of a silly collar bar ad.

Can someone lock this thread now? Please? Because the phun is killing me.

Edward

Bartender
Fletch said:
I read the head and thought collar bars, that is the idea of wearing them at all, had been coopted or appropriated by some unpleasant politician or pop culture personality, in much the same way as you couldn't wear white buck shoes during the 60s or 70s because they "belonged" to Pat Boone and he had become a drip.

Ironically enough i can't find a photo now, but I remember very clearly Paul Robinson, as played by Stefan Dennis, in Neighbours (dodgy Aussie soap opera), used to wear one all the time back in the 80s. Only years later did I figure out what it was!! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007