Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cashmere Bouquet?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Hey, has anyone seen Cashmere Bouquet bath soap in any stores in, oh, the last five years or so?

It was my favorite soap for a long time -- it was a classic vintage scent, and it was *very* inexpensive, something like four cakes for 99 cents. But I haven't seen it in stores for a long time, and every now and then I get to wondering what ever became of it. Apparently it *is* still manufactured, but the only place I've heard of it being sold is Vermont Country Store, which tends to be a bit pricey. Has anyone seen it in any retail outlets lately?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
Hey, has anyone seen Cashmere Bouquet bath soap in any stores in, oh, the last five years or so?

It was my favorite soap for a long time -- it was a classic vintage scent, and it was *very* inexpensive, something like four cakes for 99 cents. But I haven't seen it in stores for a long time, and every now and then I get to wondering what ever became of it. Apparently it *is* still manufactured, but the only place I've heard of it being sold is Vermont Country Store, which tends to be a bit pricey. Has anyone seen it in any retail outlets lately?

I know I have...it might have been at a 99Cent store....

I will keep my eye out for it from now on....how much did you want? ;)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I haven't looked for it lately, but I remember buying it all the time when I was growing up!

I find a lot of the items that Vermont Country Store sells in my local dollar store for about 1/3 of what they're charging. I can get Pears soap for $1/cake! Next time I'm there I'll look for Cashmere Bouquet and let you know.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
you thinking

516437.jpg

??

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Thanx, all! I hadn't thought about checking the dollar stores -- but we've got a couple places like that around here that I can give the once-over, and if that fails, the Drugstore.com link looks like a good deal.

My mother always thought it was odd that I insisted on that particular soap -- "Not only do you dress like your grandmother, you smell like her too!"

magneto

Practically Family
(To Lizzie):

I checked the soap boxes I have and there's an 800 phone number at the bottom of the box--maybe calling it would lead to some info as to which chain stores are currently still carrying the soap so you could get it directly...? 800-221-4607

Irena

One of the Regulars
I recently found Pear's at the Dollar Tree and decided to try it (yes, I bought it and brought it home first). It's wonderful! Now to find Cashmere bouquet and all the others... if they are as good as the old advertisments claim, my heart (and bathtub) will runneth over!

C

cherry_bomb

Gristedes Supermarkets of New York is where my soap is being shipped from. So anyone that actually knows of that supermarket (it's a new one to me) should have a much easier time than myself getting ahold of some. [huh]

Anwen

New in Town
BellyTank said:
Knight's Castille

cas40.jpg

That's ace! Glad I did a search for Knight's Castile, I bought a bar today to make shampoo and thought it looked rather old-fashioned :D I am tempted to print that ad off for a poster.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Cashmere Bouquet has to be one of the most ill-advised product names in human history.
I mean, think a second. It basically translates to: goat aroma.

BTW, it was first marketed by Colgate & Co. in 1872, which must make it one of the oldest trademarks still in use.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
The name Cashmere Bouquet made something in my brain go clang. I remember when it was advertised heavily on TV. Was that the brand that early super model Candy Jones used to do ads for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe