Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Byrnie Utz Stetson, missed...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
:eusa_doh: I missed out on this one. Got outbid, but I though I should share this one because it was such a nice looking lid. I sure would have like to get this one though. It has a very interesting ribbon on it.
20c1_12.JPG

249b_12.JPG

3741_12.JPG

338e_12.JPG

Its a basic Royal Stetson made for Byrnie Utz up in Seattle. Do any of you folks have a Bernie Utz and a good story to go along with it? Please share.:)

Cheers!

Dan

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Yeah, I'd been watching that. It's really nice looing. The band looks horizontally ribbed, doesn't it?

BuddyJ

One of the Regulars
I got my first (only) hat at Byrnie Utz just over a month ago. It's a Stetson Saxon. The color is Bark, which they said was no longer in production.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=18032

I must say that it was quite overwhelming to walk in there having only a basic knowledge of hats and not knowing what I was really looking for. I stumbled around for a while until I finally took the sales girl up on her offer to help.

I told her I wanted fur felt with not too wide a brim in either brown, dark green or a blue/grey with a good pinch. She said she knew just the hat, and proceeded over to the cabinets where they keep the nicer hats. After sliding a tower of hat boxes out of the way, she bent down to the bottom shelf, reached way in the back, and pulled out the hat. I tried it on and was hooked as soon as I put it on and looked in the mirror. I'd have never found that hat hidden in the darkest corner of the shop.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dinerman said:
Yeah, I'd been watching that. It's really nice looing. The band looks horizontally ribbed, doesn't it?

It appears to be the same material they used for the
No. 1 Quality western-style hats, but without the "tails"
coming from the bow.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust