Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Rickson N1 deck jacket size 34 (small)

Buick

Familiar Face
IMG_4596.jpeg
IMG_4597.jpeg
IMG_4598.jpeg
IMG_4601.jpeg
IMG_4602.jpeg
IMG_4603.jpeg
IMG_4604.jpeg
IMG_4605.jpeg
IMG_4606.jpeg
IMG_4607.jpeg
Buzz Rickson are reputed to make the most authentic replicas of original N1 deck jackets. Bought directly from Japan. All buttons intact, as well as zipper and draw cords. No damage, tears or stains.

The Type N-1 jacket was originally designed in the mid-1940’s as a three-piece suit consisting of trousers, jacket and helmet.

The material for the outer shell was a durable cotton grosgrain - "Jungle Cloth", and the lining is a double-faced alpaca-and-wool pile.

This is the Buzz Rickson copy of the original 1st version N1 deck jacket in navy blue. It was produced only for a short time and in very small numbers before being superseded in 1944 by a 2nd version which was produced in a khaki shade.

SPECIFICATION

MATERIAL :Jungle cloth (Cotton Grosgrain)
COLOUR :Navy
LINING :Alpaca and Wool Pile (Undyed Natural Colour)
KNIT PARTS :Mil spec. Wool, Recessed Wristlet
ZIP :Authentic Brass Conmar
BUTTONS :Mil spec. Urea
LABEL :Navy Dept.

Next day shipping via Special Delivery at no extra cost.
These jackets currently retail for £469.99, when available, so this is a massive saving at £195

Comes with the original paperwork/tags that came with the jacket

TartuWolf

One Too Many
Might be interested.
Can you give me the measurements? Bottom hem, waist, pit to pit, chest (narrowest point between sleeve seams midway between pit-to-pit and shoulders), shoulders, sleeve length, back length...
I'm assuming the shipping is from UK?

Buick

Familiar Face
Might be interested.
Can you give me the measurements? Bottom hem, waist, pit to pit, chest (narrowest point between sleeve seams midway between pit-to-pit and shoulders), shoulders, sleeve length, back length...
I'm assuming the shipping is from UK?

Thanks. I will take those measurements and get them across to you when I get home from work today. Shipping would be from the UK, yes.

Buick

Familiar Face
Got home early so have taken those measurements and tried to be thorough. Let me know if you need any more info @TartuWolf

Bottom hem: 19”
Waist (assuming midway between hem and pit): 19.5”
Pit to pit: 20”
Chest (using your specification ): 16”
Shoulders: 17”
Sleeve length: from armpit to nearest corner of cuff: 21.5”
from shoulder to furthest point of cuff: 24”
Back from base of collar to hem: 25.5”

Measurements taken with the jacket zipped up and without stretching the material flat, so there will be a little give.

Buick

Familiar Face
Still available and sizing details above: might be bigger than you think!

Buick

Familiar Face
Any interest here? Would ideally like to get this jacket sold within the next week or two.

Buick

Familiar Face
£160 plus postage to get this sold. Cost me twice that amount so someone‘s going to get a bargain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gnat