Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone know how to get rid of blemishes and stretch marks for a photo shoot

montrealqueen

New in Town
Hi everyone,

I am wanting to do some pin up photo shoots and was wondering if any of you had some tips on how to get rid of stretch marks and blemishes for the shoots?

thanks,
sonia

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
For the pimples...see this thread for ideas

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=13181

Stretch marks are actual tears in the substrata of skin, and thus cannot be 'gotten rid of'....makeup can cover some of them especially if they are faded to silvery white already.

If they are still red, cocoa butter can sometimes help, but that is a long term thing and will not get rid of them in time for a shoot.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
For stretch marks, makeup can cover them up a bit, but they can be removed or lessened by a dermatologist (laser therapy).

Pimples are easier to deal with.

Try to leave blemishes alone, because if you pick at them you face will swell and turn pink. This is not good before a shoot.

So, if you just have a little pink zit or a red acne scar, you can cover them pretty well with concealer and powder. Use a small brush, and try to keep the concealer just on the redness (if it looks too light, you can blend, but the extra coverage might look unnatural). I would recommend a color a little bit darker than you would use under your eyes to help hide the redness, then you put powder on it to increase your coverage and keep it really matte. I've tried several brands of concealer, but the best one so far is Prescriptives. It covers really well and doesn't cake as much as the ones that are more solid, and they have a lot more colors than most brands. If you have mineral makeup, you could try that as well, as some of them are high coverage (but mineral makeup doesn't usually look good for photo shoots).

I haven't tried Dermablend, but their coverage is really severe, and the more of your healthy skin that can be seen the better. I've seen people wearing it, and they do look better than if their birthmark's etc are showing, but it doesn't look at all natural. However, their body makeup might be a good idea if you have dark discoloration (i.e. purple stretch marks), I've tried MAC's body makeup, and it was useless.

Experiment, if that doesn't work you could get a makeup artist, hopefully a good one would have expertise at covering up blemishes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe