Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone here own anything from Remy Leathers?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Saw something of theirs on the bay. Didn't bite though as I've too many coats and jackets already... But I am curious about this brand particularly in that I've never heard of them before now.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Pbbbst! Silence Philistine!!!!! :mad:

All the snow's WEST of me. My field guys both got caught but managed to get out and make it home driving South out of the lake effect band.

Worf

IXL

One Too Many
Glad you aren't getting pounded by this; it looks brutal. In my part of the country we tend to lump everything from Chicago, going east, as "New York," or "New York City," which is of course, the same thing....just ask any of us dumb Okies! I trust you are getting some good use currently out of pieces from your collection, though. :)

apba1166

A-List Customer
I have 1 lamb and 1 cow and 1 nubuck sport coats by them, and a flight jacket. They now have a few of their own retail shops, but for years were the high-end supplier to the pricier dept stores or perhaps other designers/brands. Mine are the best made and best fitted leather sport coats I've owned over the years...bought second hand off the bay. People tended to take nice care of them. The cow is very thin and fitted, even more than the lamb. And the nubuck is similarly soft and thin and fitted. The flight jacket is over-designed and a bit from the mod days--like North Beach might have done. Maybe they do classier ones now.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I have 1 lamb and 1 cow and 1 nubuck sport coats by them, and a flight jacket. They now have a few of their own retail shops, but for years were the high-end supplier to the pricier dept stores or perhaps other designers/brands. Mine are the best made and best fitted leather sport coats I've owned over the years...bought second hand off the bay. People tended to take nice care of them. The cow is very thin and fitted, even more than the lamb. And the nubuck is similarly soft and thin and fitted. The flight jacket is over-designed and a bit from the mod days--like North Beach might have done. Maybe they do classier ones now.

Thanks, that's just what I needed to know. Remy isn't "junk" so if I get a chance to score something in my size on the 'bay I shouldn't poo poo it. It's just that in all my years here, not THAT many I know, I've never heard them mentioned with the other boutique leather jacket makers round here. Good to know. Thanks again.

Worf

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
I'll second that comment from apba1166 ... a friend of mine owns a high-end men's store and swears by them. He said they're the best off-the-rack leather garments he's ever stocked, and he's had them in his store for years. And this guy's OCD when it comes to quality of what he puts out there for sale under his name.

Now start shoveling, man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld