Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another 'Indy' Mark 7 bag unissued

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
I have for sale another Case, Box Respirator - otherwise known as an 'Indiana Jones bag'.

This example is in excellent unissued condition - compare it to the $45 up 'unissued' bags shown on certain websites. It has no date or makers stamp on the inside of the flap. There are some storage creases, and one small 'run' in the weave, but no wear whatsoever. All the stitching is intact, the 'ring type' snaps work fine and are without corrosion, the strings (internal and external) are present. The spool is in fine fettle and the strap is great. It's in an unusually green canvas.

IMG_72581.jpg

IMG_72591.jpg

IMG_72601.jpg

I am asking 18 GBP for the bag. Current quotes for shipping are; to the US by airmail 7 GBP, UK parcel post 4 GBP, Europe airmail 4 GBP.

Paypal accepted. PM me if interested.

Alan

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know Alan doesn't need it to sell these, but I want to offer my endorsement of Alan as a seller and also of these bags. I am thrilled with mine, packing was good, shipping to the US was swift. Prices are likely to spike as the movie nears, too.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
scotrace said:
These are nice. I got in too early.

Scott,

True, but yours is a Mark 6 (much rarer) and was cheaper. I didn't have these when I sold the last lot. I passed by my local surplus store, saw these and thought that FL members should benefit from them.

If you're interested in a Mark 7, PM me.

Alan

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
what're the dimensions of these?

bk

Ahh, the quantitative/positivist approach of the true scientist. A social scientist would have adopted the qualitative/interpretivist paradigm and asked, 'What is the semiotic significance of these in popular fiction?', to which the answer would be, 'Indy had one'.

The critical/ethnographic researcher would have asked, 'What impact have these had on the manual working classes in post-war Britain?', in which case the answer would be, 'They carried sandwiches'.

To answer your question, Baron, I must resort to an approximation due to the difficulty in establishing dimensional validity due to high inter-sample variety - they vary. The average is about 270mm x 250mm x 80mm.

They will hold either:
A bullwhip, one gold idol and/or one bag of sand.
A respirator box, mask, dimming kit and goggles.
A packet of sandwiches, one pint Thermos flask, twenty Woodbines and a rolled up copy of the Daily Herald.

Hope this helps.

Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1