Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Federation Size 7

silvereed

Familiar Face
I love Akubra hat's. I own three. This is a way cool hat, it's just way to big looking on me. This is brand new, received yesterday from Hats Direct. Total cost with shipping $114.00. Tawny Fawn..... Outstanding color. Your cost $104 free shipping..... PM me. This is pretty true to color.

federation.jpg

silvereed

Familiar Face
It's a keeper

cooncatbob said:
A Federation is a big hat. I took a 1/4 inch off the brim of mine and that helped a lot.
Bob.

Since noboby was interested, I went ahead and trimmed 1/4 off the brim. Piece of cake...It's a keeper . Not for sale anymore... Thanks cooncatbob......:)

cooncatbob

Practically Family
silvereed said:
Since noboby was interested, I went ahead and trimmed 1/4 off the brim. Piece of cake...It's a keeper . Not for sale anymore... Thanks cooncatbob......:)

Glad to help. Amazing what 1/4 inch does to the look. I have a rather narrow face and the Fed just had too much brim, but 1/4 inch off with the scissors and some light sanding and it was perfect for me. Bob.

Jay

Practically Family
How exactly does one cut the brim down with scissors? I've thought of doing this to my Federation, because it looks ridiculous on me the way it is now.

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Jay said:
How exactly does one cut the brim down with scissors? I've thought of doing this to my Federation, because it looks ridiculous on me the way it is now.

Pretty easy, set a drawing compass to the amount you wish to remove, say 1/4 inch. With the pointer of the compass rubbing against the edge of the brim you scribe a line all the way around the hat. Cut down that line with your scissors the smooth the edge of the brim with medium then fine sandpaper.
Bob. BTW thats how I felt about mine, it looked like I was a kid wearing Dad's hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads