Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sheene liner

scon

New in Town
Hi folks,

First time poster here.

I'm very interested in an OTR Aero Sheene, but curious about the 'lightweight wool liner'. Can any Sheene owners out there let me know: is it a scratchy wool? Could you wear the jacket with a t-shirt and be as comfortable as you would with a cotton or poly liner?

Cheers,
scon

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The Locharron lightweight wool is soft and pliable, as per my experience. However, my preference is tough-as-nails cotton drill lining throughout, which is the format of my Sheene currently on order. Not saying it is better, just my preference.

Peacoat

Bartender
The Locharron is as Sloan describes it. I have that liner in my Sheene and love it. As I only wear mine in temps below 50, I wear more than a T shirt with it--usually a button down long sleeve shirt. But if I did wear just a T shirt, it would not be scratchy.

As you are in Boston, you will need more than Fanch's cotton dill lining. He is in the Dallas area where the winters are mostly mild.

dan_t

Practically Family
Hi there scon & welcome to the Lounge!

I have Locharron mid weight wool, Herringbone Tweed wool & cotton drill. All of them are soft and comfortable to wear with just a t-shirt underneath.
For longevity, the cotton drill is by far the best bet. If it is the 'classic' Scottish look that you're after, you can't go past a traditional Tartan liner!

samo

One of the Regulars
Hi scon,

I recentlly send jacket with Locharron heavy weight wool to relining. In most occasions there was no problem but with just a small fraction of sweat I found it itchy around the neck where skin is in contact with the lining. Maybe this is just my case as I am sensitive to the wool?

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Welcome scon,

The heavyweight wool is scratchier than the lightweight one.

I have the two linings, the heavy one on my Sheene and the light one on my cotton jacket.

I wear my Sheene in cold weather and I often wear buttons down shirts with long sleeves so it's not itchy and keep me warm.

The light one is really soft and perfect if you wear a t-shirt underneath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82