Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero FQHH weight steerhide?

JLStorm

Practically Family
After ordering my last Aero, my friend decided that he wanted to order one as well. He had Aero send him samples of their heavy steerhide and FQHH. He decided that he liked the look and grain of the steerhide better, but that it was too heavy. He wants to know if Aero regularly stocks steerhide that is lighter in weight, comparable to the weight of the horsehide?

I asked him to email Aero, but until he gets around to it, I figured I would ask here on his behalf.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Their heaviest bovine leather is 'a bit of a bear' isn't it? I think your friend will find that Aero has various weights of bovine leather.

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Hello, JLStorm: Aero currently has some fantastic

steerhide in at least cordovan and, I think, brown as well. Amanda sent me a sample a few weeks ago when I was putting together a new jacket. The steerhide was perfect--about the weight of HH in an A-2, supple, not too thick, incredible grain. Hope this helps.

JLStorm

Practically Family
Thanks guys, I will let him know and he can request more samples then. I ordered a jacket in their heaviest heavy steerhide and he said he wanted the same thing...I guess they sent him samples of some heavier leather to make sure he knew what he was getting into...good thing they did that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe