Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A2 38-1711-P in FQHH after 5 Month

indigoeagle

One of the Regulars
Hi Cole,

I know exactly what you are talking about. But that is just a personal feeling. The jacket looks really good fitting. The hanging shoulders is with every 38-1711. Just my one, that was very snug, had have these hanging shoulders.

Here some pics of my new 38-1711 on the pattern of the Bronco.

8066593860_2748547010_z.jpg

8066595465_f2a603e0cb_z.jpg

Just dreaming.....

Great fit.
Can you tell us a bit more about it being the "38-1711 on the pattern of the Bronco."?
I mean what are characteristics of the 38-1711 (from what I know it's the slimmer fit in shoulders and sleeves, the special leather 'lining' for the zipper and the smaller pockets) and what are the defining details of the Bronco pattern?

I take it that the leather is smooth seal horse hide? Would it be FQHH?

And a general question about the horse hide that Aero is using- does Aero offer both veg and veg/chrome tanned horsehide? What is the standard?

JanSolo

Practically Family
You've pretty much nailed the specs of the 38-1711. It also has the throat hook sewn in, features a collar stand, top stitch on the cuffs etc. Most people will recognize the small yet gracefully curved pockets, the sort of zipper facing and the overall trim fit and short body length.

The Bronco is considerably longer and less boxy, slightly roomier in the shoulders and there is less taper to the sleeves. Overall it is still a very slim jacket which offers a much better default body length. Also the Bronco has the most beautiful collar of all A2 variants (imho).
Olli took everything he liked from the 38-1711 and had this jacket built on the Bronco frame, keeping the Bronco collar. Also his jacket was made from brown FQHH which looks amazing but was never an original spec leather.

Aero FQHH: Chrome tanned, vegetable re-tanned and hot stuffed and cured with wax, oil and tallow, NO spray finish.

Aero mid weight HH ("A2 leather") : Straight veg tanned with quebacho and oak bark extracts, no hot stuffing, seal or rust spray finish over pale brown base.

Cole

One of the Regulars
Another update. The jacket is a year now and ageing quite good. I still got mixed emotions every time I put it on, because I think it is to roomy, but on the other hand it is made out of the most beautyful leather imagineable.

I'll take some detail shots when I've got the time. Meanwhile this was taken 3 hours ago on a walk with the family.

take2-9.jpg

Mr black

Familiar Face
I'm very late to this party but i've just bought myself a 2nd hand Aero A2 off ebay. Yours is exactly the fit i'm hoping for. Looks perfect to me.

Stand By

One Too Many
Just seen this thread. C'mon now. What's not to love about that jacket ?!?! It's fantastic :) I'd be over the moon with an A2 that looked and fitted like that. Really. It looks classic to me. Looks great on you, Cole.

Windward

Practically Family
Another update. The jacket is a year now and ageing quite good. I still got mixed emotions every time I put it on, because I think it is to roomy, but on the other hand it is made out of the most beautyful leather imagineable.

I'll take some detail shots when I've got the time. Meanwhile this was taken 3 hours ago on a walk with the family.

take2-9.jpg

Hey Cole - as the others have already said: GREAT FIT and a killer jacket, amazing brown - don't worry, just wear that Beauty in good health...!
C O L E you are looking C O O L !

@Boyo - I wish an A-2 jacket would fit me like yours - outstanding ...!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Those look quite low rise jeans, which can give the illusion of a jacket being a bit too short - I suffer this with my UB21s - so a slightly higher waist could cure this. But even then, it's a marginal thing, and it doesn't look daft if that's what you're worried about.

Mr black

Familiar Face
yep- was concerned it was a bit 'comedy' short. thanks for the reassurances Gentlemen.

Most of my jeans are a low-ish to medium rise so I guess it's something i'll have to get used to.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
For me it looks too short by 1or2 inches in the body & an inch in the sleeves...but if your happy thats all that matters...hope you enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe