Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A chance to own a FL-themed limited edition print -- any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
There's an artist, Tony Magner, whose work I've admired for some time. He paints in a unapologetically nostalgic style, capturing the look and style of 1940s New York.

I spoke to the owner of the gallery who represents him today. His original works are out of my price range (they sell for several thousand dollars), but he has done limited edition prints of his work before.

I asked the gallery owner if the artist might consider doing a limited edition print for us.

The following painting has yet to be made into a print (two others that have can be seen below have), and it's the one I thought more members might be interested in, but if you guys prefer one of the others, we could possibly arrange something (a smaller print, for example, at a lower price)

painting.jpg

All the photos are lousy, sorry -- I took them with my iPhone, and the above one, as you can see, was snapped through a plate glass window. But you can see more of Magner's work here:

print1.jpg

print2.jpg

The two pictured prints are $600 each, and they're pretty large. Perhaps we could arrange for a smaller-sized print, the owner said, and if enough of us committed to purchasing one, the price would come down, perhaps significantly.

This is all hypothetical at present -- I'm just testing the waters here. But if enough FLoungers express an interest at a certain price level, I could go back to the owner and see what could be arranged. As I understood it, we'd have a limited edition print from an up and coming artist whose work sells well -- the gallery owner said Magner's his best-selling artist -- and we'd be the only ones to own said print. Kind of cool, I thought. What do you think?

Please respond and let me know if you might interested. If so, which of the three possible prints would you go for, and which wouldn't you be interested in? What's the most you could see yourself spending, and what's the smallest-sized print you'd be interested in?

None of this is remotely binding at this point. I'm just testing the waters.

Oh, and by the way, there's nothing in this for me, except hopefully I'll get to buy a print from this artist at a decent price.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Could he get some posters made of the prints? Higher quality than the crap you'd find in Walmart but still cheaper than prints which tend to be $$$. They works look amazing! My favorite is the
3rd one, then the 1st, and 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007