Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30's/40's Honolulu photos

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
In a request similar to the 1930's Miami photos thread, anyone know were I might find some good reference photos of Honolulu, Hawaii street scenes from the years leading up to and during WWII? Especially showing some of the seedier districts. I need it as reference for a short film project.

Marlin Fan

Familiar Face
I'm also very interested in the WW II aspect of this. Does anybody have pictures and/or websites??

One note, maybe move this the WWII section. Perhaps there will more responses.

Marlin Fan

Familiar Face
The History Channel has presented programs dealing with sex during different periods in history (including WWII). They did show Hawaii, I think. Good luck!!

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
My father was stationed there during WWII and I have some of his photos (some showing topless hula girls and such) but most are just of friends, at the beach, his ship (he was Navy), and various shots around his military base.

I'm looking for photos of the streets of Honolulu during this era. The photos need not be copyright free, as they will only be used for reference and will not be reproduced or copied directly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe