Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 black wide brim fedoras, Borsalino FS or trade

pgoat

One Too Many
In case anyone is a size 7 or so - I sold these two hats on ebay but the winner turned out to be a deadbeat (after several weeks of stringing me along, no payment - bummer! ). One is a Borsalino, size 7 1/8. The second is a Brandolini (Borsalino clone), size 6 7/8. They are practically identical, both black with wide brims, wide ribbons and wind trolleys, and both are in excellent shape.

I will probably re-list in another few days but since I've seen some new members lately I just wanted to see if anyone here on FL is interested first. I will sell both pairs together or one alone, or do trades (1 for 1, 2 for 1, etc.). I was basically selling these for a friend who doesn't ebay, but he told me if I can get a hat out of it for myself, that'd be fine!

I am a 7 3/8 - 7 1/2, long oval even better, please pm me if you have something and let's make a deal!

Here's pics of The Borsalino:

cea5_3.JPG

e599_3.JPG

f0ef_3.JPG

ff1f_3.JPG

140e_3.JPG

2242_3.JPG

The Borsalino measures just under 22" around the sweatband (21 15/16"). It has a 3 1/2" wide Brim and the crown is about 5 1/2" high at its center sloping down to just under 5 " at the front and rear. The ribbon is a hair under 2" (1 15/16"). The gold stampings on the black leather sweatband are very strong. The hat looks like it may have been worn a few times but there are no obvious signs of use or wear. The leather sweatband looks very clean and fresh. The bottom of the hat shows a small stain on the brim near the left temple area. It is not large and you can't see it when the hat is worn. This is the only blemish/issue with the hat that I can find - otherwise it looks new. This and the other hat are true BLACK, though the flash makes them look lighter in the photos.

Pics of the Brandolini to follow.....

pgoat

One Too Many
Brandolini pics and info:

The Brandolini is 6 7/8, with a measured circumference of 21 1/2" around the sweatband.

Like the Borsalino, it is also made in Italy and both hats were sold from "The Hat Box" store in Coney Island, Brooklyn. Its brim is very slightly wider than the Borsalino (3 9/16"). The crowns are pretty much identical. The Brandolini's felt is gorgeous, and feels just a bit thicker and more substantial than the Borsalino's. I think the Borsa looks nicer quality on the inside (lining, sweatband) but the Brando looks like a nicer felt body to me. It has some slight fading on the sweatband's leather stampings but otherwise the hat looks fantastic.

30d2_3.JPG

3cf8_3.JPG

4e00_3.JPG

5e15_3.JPG

8b11_3.JPG

983e_3.JPG

I have one hat box (from "The Hat Box" store!) that I can include with either or both hats.

Please feel free to ask any questions or if you'd like different detail photos.
-pg

pgoat

One Too Many
$50 (that's with the Hat Box box) plus shipping - should be $5-10 tops for priority mail in the US

I was going to relist tonight (Sunday)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007