Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950s Mens Wool Gabardine Overcoat 38 39 40 41 Excellent Condition $50

Annixter

Practically Family
I am selling a vintage 1950s The Kleinhans Co. overcoat in an approximate 38 through 41 chest (measurements below). Asking $50 shipped in the Continental USA, and I will ship worldwide for the additional, actual cost. The Kleinhans Co. of Buffalo and Fashion Park were two of the top New York clothing producers and retailers of the 1940s and 1950s as evidenced in their many newspaper and magazine advertisements. The overcoat has a 1942 through 1962 union label (no registered trademark symbol), and I believe the cut/style places it somewhere around the late 1950s or maybe early 1960s.

The overcoat is made of medium-weight wool in a gabardine weave that will work best for spring and fall or for regions with mild winters or cool summers. The color is hard to capture on camera, but the darker pictures show it best as a brownish-green with nice alternating blotches (probably a specific name for this that I don't know). It is three-fourths lined with a nice green satin fabric (rayon I believe) and very cleanly finished seams, and it has medium to light padding in the shoulders that gives them more natural lines. It has three resin buttons with reinforced backs, two outside pockets (the right has a key pouch inside), and one inside breast pocket on the left.

It is in excellent condition with absolutely no stains, moth damage, tears, damaged stitching, pilling, or odors (smoke-free home) that I can find. The only blemish I find is that the backside of the sleeves where one would rest his arms on a table or chair have some sheen to them from wear or ironing, but it is not really noticeable unless under direct light. The backside picture shows some of this sheen since I had light directly on the overcoat.

The overcoat is an approximate 38" through 41" chest depending on your shoulder width and how tight you like your overcoats. All measurements are as precise as possible taken with the overcoat lying flat and doubled where necessary:

Shoulder width, seam to seam: 18”
Chest: 45”
Hip Area: 48”
Bottom of collar to bottom hem down the backside: 41” with 3/4” to let out
Sleeve length from shoulder seam to cuff: 24” with 3/4” to let out
Cuff opening: 6-1/2” wide (laid flat)
Lapel Width: 2-3/4" at widest

Let me know if you have any questions.

3069cee2.jpg

bc5c0501.jpg

6e3ffd03.jpg

1e9995c8.jpg