Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s Stetson Royal De Luxe Fedora, 7 1/2

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
This is a gorgeous 1940s Stetson Royal De Luxe, size 7 1/2. Mid-gray felt, darker gray ribbon, gray ribbon-bound edge. The archetypal '40s dress hat. It has a 2 1/2" inch brim, and the untapered crown is just shy of 6" open. This is some seriously high-quality felt, too - it's soft to the touch, easy to reshape, and will hold any crease you care to give it.

It's in FABULOUS condition. It has just had a naptha-bath cleaning, and is free from any spots, stains, etc. No moth damage whatsoever, which is amazing for a hat this old. The sweatband is still soft and supple, and has been conditioned with Lexol. The only thing to mention is that the wind trolley has come off on one end and will need a small stitch to reattach it. That's it.

$200 OBO, including shipping in the CONUS. I will ship elsewhere; PM me if you need a shipping quote. If you're interested in both this and the Open Road I have for sale here, I'll knock $40 off the combined total.

This is a gorgeous hat! Someone will be very happy with this one.

IMG_1597.jpg
IMG_1596.jpg
IMG_1599.jpg
IMG_1600.jpg
IMG_1601.jpg
IMG_1602.jpg
IMG_1604.jpg
IMG_1605.jpg
IMG_1603.jpg
IMG_1606.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics