Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s+ Suits, GOODBYE!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Time to share images of (and 'memorialize'?) some 1930s-'40s suits of mine (one of which hasn't really been seen before on the Lounge), before they leave my bod forever and go off to eBayland.

1948 wool suit, size 40R.

AuctionsMay2007011.jpg

AuctionsMay2007012.jpg

AuctionsMay2007013.jpg

AuctionsMay2007015.jpg

AuctionsMay2007018.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Man oh man. That's the suit I'd get if I were getting a suit. It's probably too short for me though.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
yep, 6'1"- that's why you don't see me making many "hey look what I got" threads in the suits section.

Nonchalant

One of the Regulars
:eek: My goodness, these suits are fantastic! The black 3-piece is a wonder... I hope you'll make a killing off of both of them! (As if there were any doubt)

BuddyJ

One of the Regulars
How are the lengths on that 3-piece's pants? I'd love to own a 3-piece and a 40R should work for me, but I'm concerned about the waist and length of the trousers.

mike

Call Me a Cab
BuddyJ said:
How are the lengths on that 3-piece's pants? I'd love to own a 3-piece and a 40R should work for me, but I'm concerned about the waist and length of the trousers.

Yes I agree! same goes for me and man-oh-man what beautiful lapels on those!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
aliados said:
All right, Marc -- so stoip teasing us and start POSTING, will ya?!

The revised but OFFICIAL starting time for the auctions will be the evening of SUNDAY, MAY 19. (A week from this Sunday.)
The auctions will end 7 days later.

There will be much, much more for sale ... including some wonderful vintage men's shoes: spectators, suedes, etc.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
UPDATE

Due to the "Bandwidth Exceeded" photo hosting issue (which will not be resolved until May 22), and due to the fact that I'm too cheap to pay eBay to host my auction photos (and too lazy to spend hours uploading them onto a new photo hosting site) ... my auctions are hereby postponed until the evening of SUNDAY, MAY 27.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads