Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*SOLD* Beautiful 1940s Barrister Fedora

I've only seen one other Barrister mentioned on the Lounge. Who was Barrister?... I don't know, but they made (or had made for them) a very fine fedora. This is marked size 7 and it's a generous 7... there is plenty of room for my 22 1/8" head and perhaps a bit more.

The felt is lovely and pristine in a dove gray with a hint of aubergine, accented also in the 1 1/8" ribbon. Formed C crown rises 4 1/2" at its highest point. The brim is a little under 2 3/4". The unreeded sweat is soft and flexible like the wonderful early 1940s Stetson unreeded sweatbands. Stitching is tight throughout. The pleated liner has a great period logo imprint. A little faint staining from hair oil on the crown of the liner and a couple of marks in the polished surface of the sweatband are the only notes keeping this hat from mint condition. A beautiful fedora in beautiful shape.

SOLD!

barrister3.jpg

barrister1.jpg

barrister2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tex rider