Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Correus

Familiar Face
I will get some Diabolos, cardboard target discs and a compact backstop and we will see, how the old Haenel 300 performs. :)

I wonder how big of a difference there is between an air rifle, such as the Haenel 300 and a Daisy Powerline Model 856 BB/Pellet rifle is? I completely forgot dad had purchased one back in the late '90s (I think), until I found it the other day while going through his stuff.

The first shots. From circa 8 m.
Flathead Diabolos, TopShot Competition (from Germany), "Normal" (rifle) and "Special" (rifle and pistol).

Attachments

• IMGP9873.JPG
    IMGP9873.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
@DeaconKC

When I was in store, I took a look at the Hämmerli Black Force 800, which I found interesting, but when I had it in my hands, I was surprised about the cheap looking build quality!
Okay, it's an affordable air rifle (159 EUR regular), but it altogether looked like a toy gun.

10, 15, 20 meters, no trouble to be on the 140 x 140 mm backstop, in mostly squatting position. Yesterday, I already realized, that these Diabolos do very well.

Attachments

• IMGP9879.JPG
    IMGP9879.JPG
    264.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMGP9881.JPG
    IMGP9881.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMGP9883.JPG
    IMGP9883.JPG
    302.5 KB · Views: 11

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Had a good weekend at the Alabama State Championship for Cowboy action Shooting. Even with a train wreck of a day on Friday, I somehow still took third in Gunfighter Category. Wound up making a trade for an extremely clean Ruger New Vaquero in .357 Magnum.

Placing in a championship event and trading for a nice Ruger single action is indeed a good weekend! Congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW