Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scammers Rampant In Outerwear

Peacoat

Bartender
We are being inundated with reports of scammers reaching out to members by private message, ostensibly to buy an article the member has, or had, for sale. The scammer typically has no, or a low post count, and his message will be similar to the this one:

"Hey I’m interested in your Golden Bear/HD CHP 40 you can contact me via email *******@gmail.com for further details."

We get rid of them as fast as we can, but they are like rats and new ones keep coming.

Once warned is twice armed. PC

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Neuticalwave,joined on Wednesday, just happens to have a vanson E and vanson raid,how's that for a bit of luck????At least try get your username correct before you scam me . Ffs

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
Though less common, some scammers also reach out if you have a WTB/WTT post up. Some variant of the following message:

"Hey I have a friend who is selling *whatever jacket you're looking for*. You can reach him through email *******@gmail.com for further details."

As already mentioned, the following applies:
The scammer typically has no, or a low post count

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for all you are doing here Peacoat! I'll sure keep my eyes open...
Also I was making up an add for boots and I added some of this detail right into the ad itself.
Not sure if it will help but I can at least try it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff