Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

On yer bike!

sal

One of the Regulars
My newest acquisition. Steel Jamis
IMG_3755.jpeg

Yahoody

One Too Many
Love seeing all the bikes, both old and new. Pictures when men were men and sheep were nervous :) Wool is still great on a bike!

I wrote this in Sept '21 in this thread.
"I donated a last steel frame bike (a PEUGEOT) that I bought new in 1977 to a shop that specialized in steel bikes. That was 2006. That bike was a hard one to give up. Still have a hard tail Mtn bike that I will donate to the local bike drive this weekend. Another one that I hate to see go."

Funny how the world turns. I actually bought two Peugeots back in '77. The other one was for my soon to be bride. We've kept in touch off and on over the years and stayed friends.

Much to my surprise. She still has her trusty Peugeot! And still rides it occasionally. Obviously, money well spent! She mentioned recently she was going to look into buying a new bike. (About time, you think?!) That conversation ended with her having a 2012 Cervelo R3 being professionally fit earlier this week. "Vintage" already by modern standards! But a really fun bike to ride none the less.
1716059022829.png

Fun enough that I still ride two of them. Red bikes are fast! Red and black bikes faster yet :cool: This is a R3 frame that I bought new in 2006 and built myself. After having totally worn out the Shimano Dura Ace Gruppo, I finally got around to rebuilding it this Spring. I love this bike! Funnier yet the two of us have matching bikes again after 47 years. Better yet that we both still love riding a bike! FWIW her Peugeot is gloss black and my Peugeot was gloss red. The Cervelo paint jobs seem appropriate some how ;)
1716059826233.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany