Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean Katahdin Iron Works Engineer Boots

Connery

One Too Many
I am thinking about getting these. Anybody have any experience with them or have an opinion about them?

Mens-Katahdin-Iron-Works-Engineer-Boots-winter.jpg

From the catalog:

"Made by the Chippewa Factory in Carthage, Missouri, these boots feature a classic Munson last and premium Goodyear® welted construction for exceptional support and stability. Durable oiled-leather upper gains more character with every wear. Great for yard work, chores and other weekend activities. Cork-and-rubber Vibram® outsole shakes off mud and can be easily resoled. Molded sock insert. Design and assembly USA, materials USA and imported."
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/49464?feat=506798-GN3&attrValue_0=Brown

Thanks for your thoughts.:)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've had a pair of these boots for about two years now. They are very good, strong, serviceable boots. I highly recommend them.

Connery

One Too Many
^^^
Thanks!

I bought the LL Bean Men's Maine Lodge Boots, Cap-Toe and when I got them home I looked them over more they just did not feel right. The "Katahdin Iron Works Engineer Boots" are more sturdy and seem better built with more attention paid to details like eyelets and pliability of the leather.

Here are some pictures I got off the internet of the "Maine Lodge Boots, Cap-Toe"
Cap+toe+back+Moss.jpg

Cap+Toe+Moss.jpg

Maien+Lodge+Boot+cap+toe+Dark+Brown.jpg

I did not like the sole.

Connery

One Too Many
I've had a pair of these boots for about two years now. They are very good, strong, serviceable boots. I highly recommend them.

Thanks you for taking the time out to post. I did buy them. They was back ordered until Feb 2012, however, they came much earlier. They are true to size and seem very durable.

Fifty150

Call Me a Cab
Those Maine Lodge Boots aren't so bad. A pretty good value. Maybe not the best boots around. But you get your bang for your buck. They are comfortable on my feet.

injunjack

One of the Regulars
You might want to check out Chippewa 20067, and equivivalet in chocolate brown. pretty much same boot but without toe-cap.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I've had those boots from Bean for a good decade (from before they added the Ironworks moniker - this boot has been offered since the 1920's). It has bee extremely durable for me, and the finish only takes a little Pecard to make them look scuff-free again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathensen