Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Nacho

Practically Family
This is the standard Monarch pattern. Like the Monarch you have owned. I have owned several. I was stunned by the color. It doesn't appear to have been worn much. The tags look like new. It is definitely a 46, so a bit big on me.

IMG_4605.jpeg

The “chassis” of your jacket kinda looks like the Atlas here, i.e. the pockets configuration and the sleeves. The Atlas however has a Cuban collar and presumably buttons instead of zipper. I love your jacket’s collar more though. No stitching whatsoever. Pretty cool and clean look! :cool:

And unlike most of the guys here who buy shearling-lined things, you're not in SoCal or Miami or something. :D I've gotten plenty of use out of shearling trim in PA.

Holy crap, I had no idea this existed. I'm guessing it'll return in the collection of 70s stuff that Holly plans to do as part of a Rock focused sub brand of Aero.
These came out about 15 years ago and Will actually introduced it for a very short time into Aero’s line. Needless to say I’ve wanted one for an eternity and the price was so low I’m skeptical it’ll arrive at all. I’m also doubtful it will fit. It’s a tag XL but these ran INSANELY small. Just like the E/W it was inspired by. All fingers and toes crossed.
From the sellers pic it’ll be skin tight.
IMG_4029.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 611063

The “chassis” of your jacket kinda looks like the Atlas here, i.e. the pockets configuration and the sleeves. The Atlas however has a Cuban collar and presumably buttons instead of zipper. I love your jacket’s collar more though. No stitching whatsoever. Pretty cool and clean look! :cool:
Monarch jackets are typically high quality well-tailored. This jacket style with the side adjustments and no half belt, Center seam back goes back to the early 40s. They dropped the side belt for gathered sides. Ive had this jacket in Steerhide too.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Have this beauty on the way- a 1940s Sport Togs by Seattle Woolen. This one is very similar in style to my favorite non-vintage jacket I ever owned, the Freewheelers Sunset. 30s-40s short aviators are my favorite style of jacket so as long as this one fits like I hope it will, it'll be a favorite.

As usual, thanks to @jeo for sending the listing to me.
Screenshot_20240502_124810_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240502_134148_Instagram.jpg

jeo

One Too Many
Have this beauty on the way- a 1940s Sport Togs by Seattle Woolen. This one is very similar in style to my favorite non-vintage jacket I ever owned, the Freewheelers Sunset. 30s-40s short aviators are my favorite style of jacket so as long as this one fits like I hope it will, it'll be a favorite.

View attachment 611544 View attachment 611545
Hell yeah, you got it, nice!!!!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

Wow, beautiful, what a gem. But where's the red rabbit's foot? Lol

IMG_0139.jpeg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Hell yeah, you got it, nice!!!!
Yup! Couldn't resist. Sold a few big items recently which meant I could justify the purchase.
Wow, beautiful, what a gem. But where's the red rabbit's foot? Lol

View attachment 611585
Thanks! Very excited about it. These photos are from before they added the rabbits foot. Funny thing is that they told me they couldn't include the rabbits foot for me due to customs, which is fine because I was obviously going to remove it immediately anyway.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

exceptional!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24