Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brigg Umbrella

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
I need to raise some cash for another treasure and have chosen to part with my gentlemen's Brigg umbrella that I bought at the Herbert Johnson hat shop in London about a year ago.

The Brigg is the world's most famous umbrella and has been talked about here many times. Here is one of the best threads : http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=384&highlight=brigg

SWAINE ADENEY BRIGG, have been making fine umbrellas since 1750 and today's company continues it's predecessors reputation to maintain their position as world's leader, using traditional methods and designs, including many umbrellas made with solid wood sticks (shafts), Fox frames and many other hand made components.
As suppliers to The Royal Family, every Swaine Adeney Brigg umbrella proudly carries the Royal Warrant engraved on the collar.
There are ladies and gentlemen's traditional umbrellas made to the exacting standards that have earned Swaine Adeney Brigg their reputation for over 250 years.

BTW: the frame is rated at 25 mph before it will fail.

They cost 165 British pounds. I checked the exchange rate today. That equals $312. I have used it about half a dozen times or so. It looks as new as the day I bought it. I am planning on putting it on e-bay, but I thought I would give the members here at shot at it first. I am looking to get $200 for it.

May the best man win.

Brigg1.JPG

Brigg2.JPG

Brigg3.JPG

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
It is a gem. Same as they have been making in the UK for over 100 years, and the sturdiest umbrella you can find. With all the rain we have been having in California I have been using mine alot more durring the downpoors which would soak a hat in seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis